Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gay news week Feb 22nd 2008

Fred (God Hates Fags) Phelps, the tacky-poster-waving, soldier-funeral-picketing, my-own-captive-family-IS-my-congregation pastor, hate monger and sodomy abstainee (whom I've protested personally) was denied entry to the UK last week basically on the grounds that they just don't want him there.

Contrary to the Bush administration's much under-publicized declination last December to sign a UN statement condemning violence against and prosecution of people on the basis of sexual orientation (which even Poland, Slovenia, and Gabon could jive with), the Obama administration did go ahead and support a similar measure submitted to the Durban Review Conference on race and discrimination, signaling a possible return of empathetic reason to the white house (The statement was rejected as irrelevant but still...).

I celebrated eating my 1,000th kebab on the streets of Istanbul.

No comments: